Colchester to Initiate Post-Fiona Tree & Yard Debris Collection Program
The Municipality of Colchester will be initiating a post-Fiona Tree and Yard Debris Collection Program beginning Tuesday, October 11, 2022. Collection will begin at 8 am in Zone 4 (Brookside, Nuttby, Bible Hill areas), Zone 6 (Greenfield, Harmony, Salmon River areas), and Zone 2 (Debert, Belmont, Masstown areas), and will progress to other collection zones throughout the County as these are completed.
- Material must be placed at/along roadside by 8am on October 11, 2022. Be careful not to block sidewalks or roadways with material.
- Size of material allowed – Up to maximum 6 ft. length. No limit on diameter (width).
- Tree and yard debris only. NO construction or demolition waste.
- Brush and larger material may be picked up at different times. Be patient. All eligible material will eventually be picked up.
- Be aware of crews and heavy equipment that may temporarily block roadways or reduce traffic to one lane during this collection.
- Drop off at the Kemptown Waste Management Facility remains open during regular hours.
- Tipping fees for tree and yard debris continue to be waived for Colchester County residents until November 18, 2022.
- Regular waste collection (garbage, compost, and recycling) schedules have resumed.