Residents of the Municipality of Colchester and Town of Truro no longer have Fall Clean Up.
Each household can place one large item curbside on each one of their regular collection days for pick up. Examples of items that this collection could include are: a chair, a table, a bicycle, a fridge, etc.
Spring Clean-Up is the special collection of general household items that are too bulky for normal collection. These items are accepted during the specified clean-up weeks as identified on your collection schedule.
Items are to be placed within 10 feet of the road by 7:00am on the Monday of your collection week. Please note: Clean-up items should only be placed at the curb the weekend before your specified special collection week.
Each household, including apartment buildings of three units or less, are eligible for Spring Clean Up collection. The maximum weight of individual items cannot exceed 50lbs or one cubic meter in size, with the exception of furniture and appliances. Please remember, the maximum amount to be set out should not exceed 650lbs (picture the amount that can fit into the back of a half tonne truck). Any bagged garbage must be placed in clear bags for collection.
- Appliances (maximum one of each type)
- Boxsprings & mattresses
- Broken glass (safely packaged)
- Hot water tanks
- Lawn furniture
- Toys (bikes)
- Max. weight of individual items is 50lbs.
- Carpet 3ft. lengths
- Bagged loose material (CLEAR BAGS ONLY)
- Material in Solid Coloured or Blue Bags
- Automotive parts/batteries
- Wood (Pallets/Lumber/Branches)
- Hazardous, explosive or toxic waste
- Commercial or business waste
- Leaf and yard waste
- Liquid wastes
- Renovations or construction debris of large volumes
- Propane tanks
- Loose Materials
- Electronics - TV's, Computers, Printers, Stereos, VCR's, DVD Players, etc.
2020 Spring Clean Up Schedule
|Clean up areas||Dates|
|Zone 1||May 25th - May 29th|
|Zone 2||May 25th - May 29th|
|Zone 3||June 1st- June 5th|
|Zone 4||June 1st - June 5th|
|Zone 5||May 4th - May 8th|
|Zone 6||April 27th - May 1st|
|Zone 7||May 11th - May 15th|
|Zone 8||May 19th - May 22nd|
|Town of Truro||April 27th - May 1st|
|Town of Stewiacke||May 15th|
Want to know what Zone you are in? Enter your home address below!