Paymentus - Bill Payments by Credit Cards
The Municipality of Colchester is pleased to add an additional payment option for residents interested in using their credit card to pay their bill. The County has partnered with Paymentus Corporation to bring you the convenience of paying by credit card online. Paymentus Corporation is a third party automated payment service that accepts Visa, MasterCard and Amex.
- You can pay your bill right away, any time, any day 24/7
- Paymentus will charge a service fee of 2.50% for each transaction
- We cannot accept credit cards in person or over the telephone
To access the service:
- Click here and you will be transferred to a secure web page powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus Corporation.
- You will enter the payment information including the account number, credit card details and payment amount.
- You will be asked to confirm to pay a convenience fee.
- You will be provided with a confirmation number if the transaction is successful.
How will my payment be confirmed?
The Municipality will receive instant notification of your payment and will be posted to your account within two business days. For each payment you will receive a confirmation number. Paymentus will also send you an email confirmation for your records.
Why is there a Service Fee?
Paymentus charges a fee to use their service. The fee covers payment handling and processing charges.
Is the Municipality of Colchester getting any part of the fee?
The Municipality of Colchester does not receive any part of the service fee. Paymentus is an independent company providing a service for the County.
How much will I be paying in convenience fees?
- 2.50% of transaction balance.