When do I need a permit?

  • New homes or mini homes.
  • Relocating a dwelling or mobile home.
  • Building an addition onto any home or building.
  • Building a garage or storage shed more than 215 sq.ft. (11'x20'=220 sq.ft.; permit required)
    (* Please note: if you are in a zoned area you will be required to apply for a development permit regardless
    of the size of your building.)
  • Any structural renovations to an existing dwelling or building.
  • Any structure that requires a power connection.
  • Any change of use in an existing building. (ie. single residential to a two unit apartment.)

What are the requirements for YOUR project?

Are you building a...?

Building Permit Applications