Street Lights

As per the County's Street Lighting Policy, street lights are installed in sewer serviced areas including the communities of Brookfield, Debert, Gays River, Onslow, Hilden, Londonderry, Masstown, North River, Lower Truro, Truro Heights, Brookside, Salmon River, Valley and Murray Siding. 

Any repairs to the street lights including burned out bulbs, are done by Nova Scotia Power. If you would like to report a damaged or burned out street light, please contact Nova Scotia Power at 1-800-428-6230 or fill out the online form at NSP Street Light Repair.  Please make sure that you know the location of light that you are reporting (a civic address of the closest building is a good locator). There is no charge for repair services.

If you have other questions concerning the street lights in your area, please contact the Public Works Department at 902-897-3175 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use.