We have recreation and sports equipment available to individuals, community groups and schools:
How to borrow equipment
- pdf Please view list of available equipment (537 KB)
- Fill out the equipment loan form
- Pick up the equipment at our office. You must leave a $25.00 deposit (cash only) which will be returned when you return the equipment.
- Choose your date(s) and reserve equipment well in advance as some items are very popular or quantities are limited.
- Equipment loan is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The loan period varies depending upon the item and demand. Some items may be loaned for a maximum of two weeks.
- Phone: 902-897-3185
Embrace winter and experience the fun of snowshoeing! We have 70 pairs of snowshoes available to individuals, community groups and schools. These include 20 pairs of youth snowshoes (100 lbs and under) and 50 pairs of adult snowshoes. *$25 cash deposit required*
Cross County Skis- Town of Truro
The Town of Truro loans skis. They have classic cross country skis, boots, and poles for adults and children as small as 60 lbs. They also have a very limited quantity of skate skis and boots.
Please contact the Town of Truro directly.
- Phone: 902-893-6078
Adaptive Recreation Equipment- Town of Truro
This equipment is a resource for families of children and youth who have a physical disability and/or individuals who would benefit from its use. It provides opportunities to experience new activities.
- Hippocampes (child and adult)
- Snow coaches
- Tomato seats
- Skate helper skate aids (available when using Colchester Legion Stadium)
Equipment for children
If you are interested in borrowing a piece of equipment for the first time, we recommend that you contact Recreation Therapy - Pediatric Rehabilitation at the IWK Health Centre at (902) 470-3840 for an initial assessment.
For additional equipment for children, check the IWK Pediatric Rehabilitation Service Equipment Loan Program.
- Equipment is loaned on a first come, first served basis.
- Reserve equipment at least a week in advance of use.
- You may borrow equipment for a maximum of two weeks.
- Cost to borrow equipment is $20. (Fees are used to maintain the equipment.)
For more information contact your local recreation department
|Town of Truro||(902) 893-6078|
|Municipality of the County of Colchester||(902) 897-3185|
|Municipality of East Hants||(902) 883-3387|
|Village of Bible Hill||(902) 893-8083|
|Town of Stewiacke||(902) 639-2231|