Explore an 18-km trail network on foot or bicycle
The Cobequid Trail is an 18-km walking and bicycling trail network in central Colchester County. Open year-round. No winter maintenance.
- Walking, cycling and snowshoeing are permitted.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited.
- Dog on leash are permitted. Please pick up after your dog.
Explore woodland paths and shaded brooks. Follow the rail trail from Truro to Cobequid Bay. Watch for migratory birds on the marshlands and mudflats. View the Salmon River and salt marsh. Catch the tidal bore when it arrives twice daily. Discover the land “where the bay runs far up”.
Access the trail at these trailheads
- Old Barns trailhead, 919 Shore Road, Old Barns
- Cobequid Bay Lookoff trailhead, 3471 Highway 236, Lower Truro
- Lower Truro trailhead, 4057 Highway 236, Lower Truro
- Fundy Discovery Site trailhead, 103 Tidal Bore Road, Lower Truro
- Will-Kare trailhead, 105 Lower Truro Road, Lower Truro
- Truro trailhead, 202 Willow Street, Truro
- Eagle Crest trailhead, 39 Warren Drive, Bible Hill
- Farnham Brook trailhead, 36 Village Court, Bible Hill
- Bible Hill Recreation Park trailhead, 38 Guest Drive, Bible Hill