Enjoy a picnic near an historic lighthouse, with a panoramic view of the Five Islands in the Bay of Fundy, home of the highest tides in the world.
Reservable Picnic Area
Five Islands Lighthouse Park has one picnic area available for reservation from early May through early October. It includes a shelter, tables, two small barbecues, potable water, and electricity.
May 7 - October 10
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- located in the centre of the park
- 20' x 40' open air, timber frame shelter with concrete floor
- includes picnic tables with seating for approximately 40 people
- two small barbecues beside the shelter (you must bring charcoal briquettes)
- potable water within 20 m Sept 23, 2022: Please note that the outside water tap is turned off for the remainder of the 2022 season.
- garbage/recycling bin
- parking for 25 vehicles within 20 m
- washrooms within 60 m
- playground within 60 m
- adjacent large lawn area for games
- lighthouse within 60 m
- beach (unsupervised) within 230 m
Facilities are available free-of-charge.
The following are not allowed
- stapled decorations, balloons or piñatas
- amplified music or public address systems
- amusement equipment (e.g., bouncy-house)
Set-up and clean-up
- Users are responsible for all set-up and clean-up.
- Time for set-up and clean-up must be included in the reservation time.
- Set-up includes unloading of any food, supplies, extra tables, chairs, etc.
- Clean-up consists of picking up all litter and removing all decorations, equipment and supplies. Please leave the area clean for the next visitors.
How to reserve a picnic area
- Read the information above to see if this area fits your needs.
- Choose some possible dates for your event.
- Contact Colchester Recreation to check availability.
- fill in the park reservation form
- or call 902-897-3185